Friday, November 6, 2009

Thoughtful...

I love to reminisce.


I love looking back on good times, and happy memories. One of my favorite things is sitting around the kitchen table at my mom's house after a good lunch, talking with my brothers and laughing about past memories.




Yesterday, I started thinking about thoughtful things people have done for me over the past years.
Here are a few of the things that came to mind...




1. Last week, my mother-in-law who lives 5 hours away, made us cookies and sent them to us via UPS.
Mmm.....
2. One year in college, my roommates and I were headed home for Christmas. I was the last to leave. When I got home from class, I walked in my room to find it covered in flower petals and a Christmas letter laying on my bed.

3. While we were dating, my husband spent a semester in his hometown. Throughout those few months, he would drive the 5 hours and take me on dates. The day before one of his trips down, he sent me flowers at work (sweet? yes) with a note that simply said: "Can't wait to see you on Saturday." I'll never forget that note, or the way it made me feel.




4. After high school, I worked at a local bank. Every Friday, we were allowed to wear jeans if we paid a dollar. At the end of the year, all the money collected went to a family in need that we all agreed upon. I left the bank and went to college almost 3 hours away, where I didn't know a soul. A year after I left, I was struggling a bit to work few enough hours to keep up with school, and still make ends meet. About a week before Christmas, my mom called me. She had gotten home from Christmas shopping and found an envelope on the door with my name on it. Inside was a money order from the bank, signed "Santa Claus." I knew immediately what had happened. And I was absolutely speechless.

I am amazed at, and grateful for, the thoughtfulness of others. I am blessed by how God uses those in my life to provide just what I need when I need it.

Thank you, Daddy, for always taking care of me!


No comments:

Post a Comment