Thursday, November 19, 2009

What Kind of Animal Would You Be?

When I was 3 years old, I was in my hometown's "Little Miss ____" Pageant.  I had a blast.  It must've showed too, because I got 1st runner up.  One of the questions they asked me was, "If you could be any kind of animal, what would you be?"  My answer was...."I don't know."  I've never been good at questions like that.  In fact, if you'd asked me that same question on Monday, my answer would probably have been the same. 
That's all changed now though.  I had an epiphany on the way home last night.  It may have something to do with the fact that my life has been a little (okay, A LOT) stressful lately.  I finally came up with an answer to that question though. 

If I were an animal, I'd want to be a BEAR.  Yes, a bear. 

Maybe a black bear

And, I have reasons...

* I could hibernate through the winter.  Sounds good to me.  I hate cold.  And lately, the idea of sleeping through the winter and starting fresh in the spring has sounded really good too. 

*My hubby says I'd have to eat a lot of fish.  I'm ok with that.  I like fish just fine.....
but I might have to swipe a pic-a-nic basket or two.

*I'd have plenty of fur to keep me warm.  Maybe roam around the mountains in the summer, and sleep through the winter.  ( I keep coming back to this sleep through the winter thing)

Or maybe I would be a grizzly bear.
Do you know they can smell things 10 miles away?  And look how tough I would look.   Nothing would mess with me. 

And yet, they're still adorable enough that children everywhere curl up with their likeness....


Yep.  I think I would want to be a bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment