Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Day of My Birth

Yesterday, I drove to work and sat at my desk, in my little cubicle, and was a little sad. You see, yesterday was my birthday. And, who wants to spend their birthday stuck at work? Not me! To make me want to get away even more, my hubby was off work, and the sun was shining. So, I talked to my boss, and she agreed that working on my birthday was no good.  I have a great boss. I decided I’d take off at noon, which made me feel better.

So, I was sitting in my little cube, working away (or at least trying to pass the time) when my sweet hubby appeared. He brought me flowers.
And, he bought me some decoration for my rather bleak little cubicle.
It helps. Well, as much as a dark cubicle away from any windows can be helped. And…he brought me a...

CAKE! This is the best part.
CAKE! This is the best part.
It was created by a dear friend of ours…who is 13. She’s very talented, and it was DELICIOUS. Mmmm… I need to go home and get some right now.
When noon finally rolled around, my hubby picked me up from work and took me to Red Lobster for lunch (my favorite) and then to a movie. We spent the afternoon together, enjoying the sunshine, and warm weather, and each other’s company. And pretty much my whole family remembered to call or text, which made me feel extra special. My little brother called and wanted to meet up, so I shared my yummy cake and he brought me a gift.
My Grandparents had this same picture hanging in their dining room when we were growing up.  I thought it was a very thoughtful gift. 

I wish I could spend every day enjoying the sunshine, and spending time with my hubby! That’s the best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment