Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh What A Beautiful Day

Oh, Lord my God, Thank you for the sunshine! Amen.

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to feel the hint of spring in the air. Tell me again, why I don’t live in Florida? Oh, right. God hasn’t led us to move there….yet.  I’m still waiting.

I guess I can wait. I’m not in a hurry for my Grandmother to disown me. Ok, she probably wouldn’t actually disown me, but she wouldn’t be happy. She already thinks that, for my mother’s sake, I should move within an hour of home in the next couple years. Besides, I like knowing that both mine and Dean’s families are just a few hours away, if we need or want to make the trip. Then again, it snows here in the winter. See? This is why I have to leave it up to the Lord.

In the meantime, I’m going to enjoy the coming spring and summer. I don’t care if I will be big and pregnant through the hottest months of the year. (Ask me later if I still feel that way) I’m excited about warmer weather, flowers blooming, and green on the trees. I’m excited about tank tops and flip flops, and cute summery toenail polish. And ice cream. (That might be the pregnancy kicking in…at least I have no desire for pickles on it) Ooh! And butterflies! Now, if I can just figure out a way to get rid of these black cubicle walls and move my desk outside…

No comments:

Post a Comment