Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Obsession

There are a few things in life (mainly food items) that I sometimes get hooked on and can’t stop. I go through a period where I eat it often, and then it wears off and I go back to normal life. I don’t eat it for awhile, or don’t eat much of it, until it once again hits me and I start the cycle all over again. It’s been known to happen with Peanut Butter, Sunflower seeds, Twizzlers and there are probably others. Some of them I’m completely aware of the cycle, I just don’t know when it will hit (i.e. peanut butter). Some of them, I am aware that I like, or rather love, but I forget about the obsession until it crops up. And that is what happened to me this week.
My sweet co-worker offered me a couple Twizzlers. And then it happened. I thought about Twizzlers for the rest of the day. I thought about them all day the next day. And then, I bought some. I put them in my desk drawer. And now, every couple of hours, they call to me. It took me 4 work days to eat the whole bag.


It’s awful…or wonderful. Or maybe it’s both.

No comments:

Post a Comment