Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Construction

Our kitchen is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house. It could be that I just really like seeing the progress. It could be that I love the light fixtures, and that it is so well-lit. It could be that I love the way the color of the cabinets look with the walls. It took us awhile to decide what to do with the kitchen/living room walls. Then, it occurred to me that I picked the bedroom color, and I picked the bathroom color. So, I stepped back, and let Dean pick. I was sort of leery of his choice of an orangey-red, but I went along with it. It’s turned out quite nicely. Then again, it could just be the fact that I’m getting so close to having a completed kitchen, when I haven’t had a full kitchen in almost A YEAR. A word of advice: Try, at all costs, not to go that long without a kitchen. It is ridiculous. It’s torturous. It’s depressing. Just don’t do it, okay? Trust me on this. Life is better when you have a kitchen.
It’s going to be small, but I’ve lived in apartments, I’ve done small. It will have less counter space than I’ve had in the past (except for the past year), but more cabinet space. Cabinets are good. Cabinets are very good.


*Please excuse the white spots on the wall. This is what happens when we hire someone else to do something. Dean decides it needs adjustment (in this case, the sheetrock needed touched up) and ends up fixing their work anyway. The same thing happened with the septic lines. We paid someone to put them in. We dug them up, and changed the slope, because it wasn’t up to code. At least I know I will never live in a poorly built house. We have yet to touch up the paint where he touched up the sheetrock.

**It still lacks the stove, flooring, and countertops.

No comments:

Post a Comment