Saturday, February 26, 2011

Fun Father-in-Law Facts

  • He loves his family
  • He loves his family a lot
  • He’s supportive & encouraging
    Growing up, I knew without a shadow of a doubt that my Grandpa loved me, and was proud of me, and would be there in a second no matter what I needed.  I was confident in his love more than any other person in my life. I can see that my FIL will be the same way with his grandkids.  It makes my heart happy. 
  • Popular artists when he graduated high school were REO Speedwagon and Journey, as opposed to The Monkees, Aretha Franklin or The Doors who were popular when my dad graduated.  (This fact is more fun for my FIL than my Dad…then again, if we’re going for the music solely and not the date reference, my FIL may have gotten the short end of the stick.)
  • He is a Navy veteran.  I’m really proud of that fact, for two reasons.  1) My enormous respect for the military and 2) I think it was good for his family.
  • He loves to share.  He also loves sweets.  So, he particularly enjoys sharing sweets.  You turn down a cookie he offers you, and he gets that look on his face like a puppy that got left out in the rain.  You get the point. 
  • Actually, now that I think about it, he’s like a puppy in more ways than one.  He’s about as loyal as Lassie. 
  • He won’t be the least bit offended that I just compared him to a dog.  He’ll know what I meant.
  • Best. FIL. Ever.  Just sayin’

No comments:

Post a Comment