Friday, April 1, 2011

Brother From Another Mother

I love my sisters-in-law, all three of them.  I usually just call them sisters, and I love them like sisters.  At least, I think I do.  The problem with saying so is that I don’t actually have flesh and blood sisters.  I have no point of reference.  So, while I feel that way, I feel kind of funny saying it.  I do, however, have brothers… two very stubborn, frustrating, wonderful brothers.  Because of this, I feel equipped to say, I love my brother-in-law as if he were one of my brothers.  And, after 3 ½ years, he is one.  I just don’t have the blood ties, or the childhood memories. 
Like my other brothers, I really do feel like he’s got my back.  And, he’s got my husband’s back too, being his brother and all.  If you hadn’t noticed, I’m pretty partial to (and protective of) my husband.  He’s kind of wonderful.  So, I have a deep appreciation for people who care so deeply about him.  And, if there’s one thing to be said about my brother-in-law, it’s that he’s a loyal brother.  Okay, that’s not entirely true.  If there’s ONE thing to be said, it’s that he’s a wonderful Dad.  He happens to be the proud father of one of the two most precious girls ever (look for my feature on my one and only niece, coming soon).
 

You know what else I like about my brother-in-law?  I like the fact that he’s one of five men those pesky boys in the future will have to go through to get to my little doll face.  She may not have a big brother, like I did, but she’s got a protective Daddy and four uncles.  (I’m picturing the Earp brothers walking to the OK Corral, here)
Next up:  The Fourth Uncle

No comments:

Post a Comment