Thursday, August 11, 2011


I’ve been very lax about writing this summer, haven’t I? Apparently, I posted once during the whole month of July.  Sheesh! I don’t have a good excuse, either.  It’s not like I’ve been traveling the world, or spending my days at the pool.  My days are pretty much the same week-to-week.  I guess I just haven’t been very inspired.  I need some inspiration in general, I think. 
Remember a couple months ago when I talked about making specific goals? Well, I have one.  It’s not much really, but it’s specific, and it’s a start.  I walked by a picture in our house of my husband and me on our honeymoon.  As I stopped to look at it, I found it ironic that I was so self-conscious about my body back then, and yet I’d love to look like that again.  So, right then, I picked up the picture and turned to my husband.  “We’ve talked about how I need more specific goals.” Holding up the picture, I said, “Here’s one.  I want to look like this by our anniversary next year.”  I love that my husband is so supportive of me.  He immediately jumped on board.  “Okay,” he said.  “I’ll do it with you.”  We sat down together, and determined that to get back to the shape we were in when we got married, which was about a week shy of four years when this conversation took place, we each needed to lose 25 pounds. 
We have a chart/calendar hanging on our fridge listing our starting weight and bi-weekly goals for the next year.  We need to lose about a pound every two weeks.  I felt better about myself from the start, because I realized although I feel like I’m in awful shape,  if I meet my goal my body fat percentage will fall in the athletic range.  It’s a start.  A goal that’s totally attainable.  And, so far, I’m ahead of my goal.  We’ve been doing it for about a month, and I’ve lost 5 lbs.  And, I have to give my husband credit.  He jumped on board with me, and has made it so much easier to stick to it.  He also got the idea to call some of our family and ask them to join us, so we have an even bigger support network.  Hooray for new goals!  Now, I just need to set some more. 
What are your goals?  How do you stay on track?

1 comment:

  1. I'm on the same goal list. Next summer Hawaii is possible in my future.. and I've got to get the weight off. I'm already down 20lbs. I have a girlfriend who keeps me accountable every day every hour... by texting me.... I've got about another 60-70lbs to go.. but I'm motivated and my weekly weigh ins make me see it through week by week. i've you'd like hourly inspiration.. I can by your texting supported! :-) Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete