Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Spotlight on Family: Brother-in-Law

This little series of mine is coming to an end.  When I started it, I had my reservations.  I still kind of do.  Mostly because these people mean a great deal to me, and I want to do them justice.  I’ve come to realize, it just isn’t possible to convey in words what they mean to my life.  They’re family, after it all.  That kind of sums it up.  You doubt it as a teenager, but when you get older, you realize that nobody loves you like family.  There are certainly some families who, for some reason, don’t have that relationship.  They have relatives that are just not devoted, loyal, loving, caring family members.  I’ve seen it, and it breaks my heart.  I, however, have been lucky.  And, I still believe that I am not in the minority.  So, I will keep up the trend, and tell you about my second brother-in-law. 
His name is Pepper.  Well, it is now anyway.  Our sweet little niece unknowingly renamed him when she couldn’t say his name.  I feel like we have several similarities.  It stands to reason, being that our spouses are siblings, and the two of them have several similarities.  He’s kind of quiet at first, but he’s a lot of fun.  He loves to laugh, and he has a heart of gold.  My favorite thing about him, though, is the way he treats my sister (okay, technically sister-in-law, but try telling that to my heart).  He makes her happy, he treats her well, and he puts her first.  I can’t ask for more than that.  I love the way they complement each other.  The other thing about him is that he’s such a sweet uncle.  Besides my daughter, and our mutual niece, he has one other niece (who is also an absolute doll, by the way) and they all three think he’s pretty great.  He’s pretty laid back, but I have a feeling if anybody messed with his nieces, we’d see a whole different side of him emerge.  Good ol’ Uncle Pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment