Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Through the Eyes of a Child

Something different happened for Christmas this year in our family…children.  Our families are so far apart that there’s just no way to incorporate both in the same holiday.  When we first got married, we tried, but it was just too much.  We spent more time in the car than we did with our families.  So, now we alternate, Thanksgiving with one and Christmas with the other, and switch it the next year.  I got to spend my niece’s first Christmas with her, but that meant that Dinah’s first Christmas last year was with my side of the family.  This was the first Christmas for them to spend together.  And, it was wonderfully sweet. 
My SIL bought them matching pajamas for the occasion, and they were pretty precious in them. 

I loved watching them open their gifts from Santa, and see what was in their stockings on Christmas morning. 

(Lyla sat down with Dinah, and then asked me to take a picture of them"agether")


They talked, they played, they shared, and they laughed.  They loved every minute of each other.  And, I loved every minute of seeing them together. 
And, for your enjoyment, here is a video of them in the new car Grandma bought for them. 


It was the first of many Christmases to come, shared with children.  Next year, we'll be with my side again for my newest niece's (on the way) first Christmas.  The year after that, we'll have THREE little ones on Dean's side.  What fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment