Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye, 2011

Last year, I took a look back and made a list of things from the previous year for which I was thankful.  This year, I thought I’d do the same thing.  Christmas was a great end to the year and made me feel so loved and so blessed.  And now, since there is only a couple days left of the year, here is what I’m thankful for in 2011. 
1.The absolute JOY that our daughter has brought to our lives.  She’s such an enormous blessing.


2. Getting to watch our family enjoy Dinah.  Grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, great-grandparents, great-aunts…that girl is truly loved. 
3.   An impromptu road trip to visit (and surprise) our sister. 
4.   Siblings.  I love ‘em.  All of them.  Dean and I both have the best siblings anyone could ask for.  My heart is always full after a visit with any of our siblings.  And, for a girl who grew up with only brothers, it’s amazing to have 3 precious sisters. 
 
5.       A new car after the old one completely died, and one that is reliable.  I love my car. 
6.       Being able to check off several items from my wishlist when I felt like it would be years before I got it whittled down. 
7.       My mom driving down every single week and spending half the week to babysit Dinah so I don’t have to pay for daycare or leave her with someone else.  It’s a little trying at times, but such a huge help and such a precious thing for Dinah and her Grandma. 
8.     Our dogs.  I’m not as crazy about our dogs as some people are theirs, but I really enjoy being welcomed home with such genuine excitement and I love how protective Musket is of Dinah.

9.    No more construction.  No more living in a partially unfinished house. 
10.  And, as of this week, thanks to a collaborative effort by our parents, a fully functioning TV.  No more watching movies & Netflix on the computer.  No more watching movies on a borrowed TV. 
God has been so good to us, and has again used our families and friends to bless us in so many ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment