Thursday, January 26, 2012

13 by 2013: Plan of Action

I’ve looked over my list of goals, and come up with a plan of action.  Some of the goals on my list are easy to come up with specific steps for.  Some of them are more difficult.  Hopefully as the year progresses, I’ll have a better idea on those more difficult ones, so this list may very well evolve over time.  I’m okay with that.  My intent is for the goals to be met, I’m flexible with how I get there.  I’m putting this up for my own information, and in hopes that making it public will help keep me accountable.  Feel free to give me your thoughts and opinions on any of it, or just give me a little prodding now and then. 
1.             Build up our savings account:
a.    Put a few dollars from each paycheck into savings.
2.             Strengthen our marriage- We have a good marriage, but I want to keep it that way.  I don’t want to get lax, and then wake up one day 10 years from now and wonder how we got there. 
a.    reread The 5 Love Languages
b.    reread The Love Dare
3.               Take a first step- I don’t know what this will look like yet; I just don’t want to get stuck in a rut.
4.             More focused prayer- I’ve made a list of a handful of things that I want to be sure to spend more time in prayer for. 
a.       Keep copies of this list in purse, car, home, work and pray through it when it comes to mind. 
5.             Deeper relationships- my relationship with God, with Dean and Dinah, with family, with others. 
a.       Constant prayer
b.      Call or text family on a regular basis: weekly?
6.             Do something I’m passionate about -again, the specifics are yet to be determined
7.             Step out of my comfort zone- I need to stretch myself, to allow God to use me instead of hiding in the things I’m used to. 
8.             Listen more- to God, to people… just listen
9.             Have a thankful heart
10.         Live out 1 Corinthians 10:31- So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 
11.      Be more active- for my own health and so that Dinah will grow up being more active.
a.    Go on walks
b.    Play with the dogs more
12.         Complete my goal from July
13.         Drink more water
a.       Choose water, except on occasion

Do you have specific goals, whether for the year or for the month or for the next 5-10 years

No comments:

Post a Comment