Last spring, I started thinking about goals and how mine needed to be more specific. I made a start, but I haven’t gone much farther than that. When I started 2011, I started it by looking back over the previous year. It was a good thing, to look back and be grateful for the good that had come out of what had felt like a rough year. I looked ahead some too, but this year, I want to look ahead even more and focus more on the present. So, I’ve come up with a list of thirteen things I want to work on or accomplish by 2013.
1. Build up our savings account
2. Strengthen our marriage- We have a good marriage, but I want to keep it that way. I don’t want to get lax, and then wake up one day 10 years from now and wonder how we got there.
3. Take a first step- I don’t know what this will look like yet; I just don’t want to get stuck in a rut.
4. More focused prayer- I’ve made a list of a handful of things that I want to be sure to spend more time in prayer for.
5. Deeper relationships- my relationship with God, with Dean and Dinah, with family, with others.
6. Do something I’m passionate about -again, the specifics are yet to be determined
7. Step out of my comfort zone- I need to stretch myself, to allow God to use me instead of hiding in the things I’m used to.
8. Listen more- to God, to people… just listen
9. Have a thankful heart
10. Live out 1 Corinthians 10:31- So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
11. Be more active- for my own health and so that Dinah will grow up being more active.
12. Complete my goal from July
13. Drink more water