Thursday, January 5, 2012

13 by 2013

Last spring, I started thinking about goals and how mine needed to be more specific.  I made a start, but I haven’t gone much farther than that.  When I started 2011, I started it by looking back over the previous year.  It was a good thing, to look back and be grateful for the good that had come out of what had felt like a rough year.  I looked ahead some too, but this year, I want to look ahead even more and focus more on the present.  So, I’ve come up with a list of thirteen things I want to work on or accomplish by 2013. 

1.       Build up our savings account
2.       Strengthen our marriage- We have a good marriage, but I want to keep it that way.  I don’t want to get lax, and then wake up one day 10 years from now and wonder how we got there. 
3.       Take a first step- I don’t know what this will look like yet; I just don’t want to get stuck in a rut.
4.       More focused prayer- I’ve made a list of a handful of things that I want to be sure to spend more time in prayer for. 
5.       Deeper relationships- my relationship with God, with Dean and Dinah, with family, with others. 
6.       Do something I’m passionate about -again, the specifics are yet to be determined
7.       Step out of my comfort zone- I need to stretch myself, to allow God to use me instead of hiding in the things I’m used to. 
8.       Listen more- to God, to people… just listen
9.       Have a thankful heart
10.   Live out 1 Corinthians 10:31- So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 
11.   Be more active- for my own health and so that Dinah will grow up being more active.
12.   Complete my goal from July
13.   Drink more water

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of your goals. And the thing about them is that they will all fall in place with each other. I love you!

    ReplyDelete