Thursday, January 19, 2012

Loading The Gun And Taking Aim

People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going.”
- Earl Nightingale


I read this quote today, and it got me thinking about the goals for 2012 that I shared in my last post.  I don’t want them to just become good intentions.  I haven’t let them slip my mind just yet, but I also haven’t really implemented a good plan of action for them.  The only one I work on daily is my weight loss goal from last summer.  I’m on the right track, and I’ve made progress, but I got kind of lax for awhile.  I’m working at it again, but I still need to work harder. 
“If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.”
- Yogi Berra

Some of my goals are going to be hard to put into a plan of action just yet, but I need to be constantly aware so that I don’t miss something.  Others can be implemented immediately.  Basically, I need to remember that it starts with small steps in the right direction to reach the end of the road.  Sometimes I’ll walk, sometimes I’ll run, but I need to be constantly moving. 
What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."
Zig Ziglar
I’ll be working on my plan of action.  Please don’t hesitate to remind me and keep me accountable, and feel free to offer suggestions.    
We must walk consciously only part way toward our goal and then leap in the dark to our success." Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment