Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Plane! The Plane!

Five years ago, on a Saturday much like today, I went on a date with this really handsome guy I’d been dating, named Dean. We drove to a small town airport, near where I grew up, and climbed aboard a small airplane. Aviation has fascinated me for a long time, and I can honestly say that I have absolutely loved it every time I’ve been on a plane. We flew over the house and land where I spent the majority of my life, my grandma’s property on the lake where I spent many a summer day, and the rest of the county and neighboring county where my childhood was lived out. As we enjoyed the view on the small plane, just us and the pilot, he asked me a question that would change my life forever.

Today, I'm his wife, the mother of his child, and the most fun friend he's ever had. I bet he's sure glad he asked that question. I bet he's even more glad I said yes. Otherwise, who would be hanging out with him while he works on a roof this morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment