Sunday, August 19, 2012

Life Is A Highway

In the summer of 2006, I went to the theater with my roommate, Leslie, and my friend, Dean to watch the Disney/Pixar movie Cars. We had a good time, and really enjoyed the movie. It's really funny to me to look back at the progression of one movie in my life.
Leslie was always burning us mixed CDs back then, and one of the volumes of Summer 2006 included songs from the Cars movie soundtrack. A few weeks later, Dean asked me out and we jammed out to that mixed CD, particularly one song from that soundtrack, Rascal Flatts' remake of the song Life Is A Highway.
I never would have guessed the night I watched that movie that a few weeks later I'd be jamming out to the soundtrack with the guy beside me on our first date. I really never would have pictured being married to him, and having an almost two year old, who would bring us that DVD and ask to watch it. That's exactly what happened this weekend, though. I couldn't help but sit there watching that old familiar movie, thinking about how it all unfolded.
Tom Cochrane was right. Life is a highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment