Friday, August 10, 2012

Pin Me Some Food

If you’ve been outside of your house at all in the last few months, and you have internet access, then you are probably on pinterest. I’m going to guess you’ve at least heard of it. I, like many others, signed up to see what all the hype was about, didn’t get it, and moved on with my life. Then one day, I signed in again, and something clicked in my brain and I’ve been pinning ever since. I’m not crazy about it, spending every waking moment pinning and repinning, but I do enjoy getting new ideas and being able to keep track of things I see and don’t want to forget about.
Most of what I pin is food. And, I’ll be honest; I haven’t tried half of the things I thought were interesting. But, I get some good ideas from there. I’ve tried a couple recipes that were just so-so, and I’ve tried a few that have become staples for us. Someday, I’ll get around to trying the other recipes I’ve pinned. But, in the meantime, I wanted to share my favorite recipe that I found on pinterest.
The recipe I pinned came from a blog called Pennies on a Platter (http://penniesonaplatter.com), but she adapted it from a recipe from http://www.ourbestbites.com.
It’s super easy and pretty delicious.

Here’s the recipe:
Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos

· 3 oz cream cheese, softened
· ¼ c green salsa
· 1 T lime juice
· ½ t ground cumin
· 1 t chili powder
· ½ t onion powder
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 T chopped cilantro
· 2 T sliced green onions
· 2 c shredded cooked chicken
· 2 c shredded cheese
· Small tortillas
· Salt
· Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, salsa, lime juice, ground cumin, chili powder, onion powder and garlic. Once combined, stir in the cilantro and green onions. Add the chicken and cheese; mix thoroughly. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto tortilla and roll tightly.
Place tortilla, rolled side down, on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake 15-20 minutes.
*in case you don’t know much about cooking, T= tablespoon, t= teaspoon, c= cup.
** I omitted the cilantro, because I absolutely loathe the stuff. And, I serve it with guacamole, because it seems fitting and because I’ll take any excuse I can get to eat guacamole.
So, there it is! Make it. Eat it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
What is your favorite pinterest recipe? Please share!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try to find you and follow you on there, I have a board called "pins I've tried" and I try to comment after trying to say if I liked the recipe or things I'd change. Makes making dinner a breeze just scrolling thru that board finding one weve liked! :)

    ReplyDelete