Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Blast From The Past

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine tagged me in a picture she’d found from about 6 ½ years ago. I really enjoyed remembering what life was like back then, and the memories it conjured up.

Then last week, I got an email from another old friend. She forwarded me a message I had sent her from the same time. It was fun to go back and read my thoughts on what was going on in my life: college classes, my internship and mostly, of course, the guy I liked. It was one of the best summers of my life, and I love to go back and remember it. From the carefree mornings at the apartment pool with my friends, to the unique experiences of interning at a TV station, to my first date with the man I would later marry.

I’ve always enjoyed reminiscing about the good times, whether it be talking to my brothers about our childhood or talking to old friends about some activity we’d participated in, but I particularly love remembering the summer I started dating my husband. It was fun. It was carefree. I was pursued, and appreciated. I was right where I belonged. And, that is a good feeling.

Here’s to some of the good ol’ days!





No comments:

Post a Comment