Monday, May 20, 2013

Oh, Baby

I’ve been busier, and more tired this pregnancy so I haven’t been nearly as good about documenting as I was the first time around.  I don’t love this baby any less, but it’s a different scenario when my thoughts have to be split between the two.  And, the child who is already here is much more demanding.  I actually have to feed her, and care for her, and give her attention.  I don’t have to do anything different, and the new baby is cared for completely.  But, just so I make sure and document so I have something to look back on to help me remember when time and lack of sleep take their toll on my brain, here are some notable moments and some comparisons. 

This baby has been kinder to me in some ways.  The biggest way is that I don’t have cankles, at least not yet.  I’d be perfectly happy to skip that altogether this time around.  I do not miss all the swelling I had with Dinah. 

In other ways, the little kick boxer has been less kind.  For instance, with all the heartburn I’ve had this time, this kid had better have twice the amount of hair that big sister had. 

I don’t remember how early I felt Dinah kick.  I do know that I started feeling it a while before I was convinced that I was truly feeling baby movement.   The first time I felt this one kick was early April, and it was obviously a baby movement.  I didn’t really notice it anymore for a couple more weeks, though.  Dean was able to feel movement this time much earlier than he did with Dinah.  We were lying in bed the morning of our 20 week ultrasound, and I told him baby was moving.  He put his hand on my belly, not really expecting anything, but he felt it right away. 

Speaking of the ultrasound, it revealed that we’re having a baby boy! Our lives are going to change from dresses and dirt to…well, more dirt.  It’s going to be different, I’m sure, but I’m betting it’s just as much fun!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment