Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Lists

I have this thing with lists lately, it seems. There was my list of goals for the year, the list of specific prayers for the year, I have a wish list, a list of things to do...you get the idea.

This past week, I turned 29. A few weeks before, I got started thinking about turning 30, and the things I have or haven't done and accomplished. So, I started making a list. I was going to think of 30 things to do by the time I'm 30. Unfortunately, it was harder to do than I imagined. Well, that and I procrastinated. So I've come up with 8 so far. Maybe 30 things isn't realistic. What is my deal with making my lists contain a specified number, anyway? Remember 13 by 2013?

I've tried to make the items on my list reasonable and attainable. After all, I only have a year. I may add to it, but so far, here's my list:

1. Potty train Dinah (she'll be 2 1/2 by that deadline)
2. Pay off a debt
3. Visit friends/family not seen in awhile
4. Go to a MLB game
5. Do/see something new in-state (I've lived here all my life & there's so much I haven't seen)
6. Learn a new skill
7. Sift through old pics with Grandma
8. Read 2 new books in their entirety

And now, I embark on the last year of my twenties.

No comments:

Post a Comment