Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

Disclaimer:  The pic taken with my phone does not do this tree justice. 

Unfortunately, my hubby and I are in the middle of construction and currently live in a camper, which means no Christmas tree for us this year.  It's too bad too, because I love our Christmas tree.  It was our gift to each other for our first Christmas.  I'm contemplating the idea of stringing lights on the only permanent structure we have right now...which is a well house. 

Since I have no Christmas tree of my own this year, this will be the tree I admire day in and day out for the next few weeks.  I spend most of my time in a cubicle, my little black box as I call it.  Across from me, is an empty cubicle, and today my creative coworker erected a 4.5 foot, silver Christmas tree.  She tied a wonderful pink & green ribbon into a bow on top and another on the bottom above the shiny pink fabric she used as a skirt.  It is decked out with sparkly pink and purple and green ornaments.  It reminds me of a Dr. Seuss story.  One thing is sure:  it has brought lots of smiles and cheer to all the women in the office. 

It's not something I would have come up with on my own, but I'm loving it.  When I get tired of staring at my gloomy black, sparsely decorated cubicle, I turn around and gaze at the bright, sparkly tree. 

Oh, Christmas tree....is it time to go home yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment