Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Young Eyes Behold Old Glory

“The red and white and starry blue is freedom’s shield and hope.” – John Philip Sousa

Yesterday, I took Dinah to the Ear Nose and Throat doctor. She’s fine. Thank you for asking. The look on her face as he peeked into her ears and nose and throat, and puffed air into those orifices was one that said, “Mom…what in the world is going on right now?” Despite the look on her face, she did great. She never made a peep, she just held onto my hand for reassurance, the sweet girl. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I think she’s kind of great. She’s so very frustrating sometimes, when her giant attitude comes out, but at the same time, she’s the sweetest girl I know. Oh motherhood.

Anyway, next door to the doctor’s office is a bank that’s known for flying enormous American flags at all their locations. As soon as I got Dinah out of the car, she was mesmerized. She kept saying, “Daddy, look! Flag!” even though he hadn’t pulled into the parking lot yet. He was only a couple minutes behind us, but she seriously stared at that big, beautiful, majestic flag until he got there. I have to agree with her, there’s something so special about that flag. It invokes so many emotions and memories and thoughts every time I see it. I fully intend to teach my daughter to love and respect that flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment