Thursday, January 6, 2011

2010 Blessings

As I look back over 2010, what stands out to me is the birth of my baby.  Not a surprise, I realize.  If you don’t consider the addition of Dinah to our family, 2010 looks like crap.  It was a bad year.  That’s what I’ve been thinking anyway.  I think I’ve been too negative about it though, and negativity isn’t really my style.  So, I’m going to make a point to look for the blessings from 2010. 
1.       We did eventually get out of that wretched camper.  Worst living experience ever.  But, the blessing is that it’s over.  I’m very thankful for that.
2.       We got out of the camper a couple months earlier than our house was finished enough to move in, because of the generosity and kindness of our pastor and his wife.  We will be eternally grateful for that time.
3.       My younger brother showed some growth.  He learned new things, he matured, and I’m confident he will continue in that.
4.       God used my Grandparents in a big way this year.  They don’t know it, but there were times when we were dead broke, and they decided out of the blue to send us beef from their freezer. 
5.       One really bad month our electric didn’t get shut off because of the love and generosity of a sibling. 
6.       Pregnancy hormones, the birth of a baby, Dean being laid off, financial instability and the like put a lot of stress on our marriage, but we built our foundation of steel and it was strong enough to withstand it all.
7.       I have the kind of husband that many women dream of having, and this year his character as a husband has spilled over into fatherhood.  That man is a MAN.
8.       I love seeing our families interact with Dinah.  I especially enjoy seeing my Grandma interact with her.  I knew she would love her, but it’s incredible to watch.  It’s just so…genuine. 
9.       We have rarely spent any money on clothes, diapers, etc.  Baby shower gifts, generous aunts and hand-me-downs have been such a blessing.
10.   My over-active imagination makes me paranoid.  I don’t know what happened, whether caring for my daughter has got me preoccupied, or having a dog outside has given me peace-of-mind. Either way, it’s a relief to not picture dark figures lurking outside my window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment