Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spotlight on Family: Sister-in-Law #2

I started the spotlight on my in-laws with my Sis-in-law, Misty, because she was my first in-law.  I’ve chosen to spotlight Dean’s sister, Misti, (yes, I have two SIL with the same name) next because even though she became family at the same time as his parents and brother, I met her first. I met her for the first time in college, before I started dating Dean, but I did know him.  I saw her one day, and knew immediately that she had to be Dean’s sister.  She just looked too much like him.  Ironically, now that I know them both well, I don’t think they look nearly as much alike. 
Here’s the thing about Misti:  I could/can/occasionally do talk to her for hours on end.  Now that I think about it, she knows me as well as just about anybody, aside from maybe Dean.  She currently lives about 4 ½ hours away, which is entirely too far.  Hint: If you’re reading this….MOVE CLOSER already!  Misti is a great sister, and a great aunt, Auntie M, as we sometimes call her.  Her nieces will surely grow up without the slightest doubt of whether she loves them.  She shows it in everything she does for or with them.  If you are the parent of one of her nieces, you appreciate knowing that she loves your child almost as much as you do, and you appreciate her volunteering to give them a bath so you can sit on the couch for a few minutes, or play with them so you can get a few extra minutes of sleep. 
I’m so blessed to be able to call her sister. 

No comments:

Post a Comment