Thursday, January 13, 2011

Spotlight on Family: Sis-in-law #1

In the past, in another blog, before the great consolidation, I did a “spotlight” on different family members.  I’ve come to realize the importance of family, and I took the time to highlight each member of my immediate family.  Through that, I have realized that I am not particularly good at it.  I never quite did them justice.  But, I shall persevere.  Why?  Well, because there are many more important people in my family that I appreciate.  In case you missed them, I have previously spotlighted my mother, father, older brother, younger brother, paternal grandfather, paternal grandmother, maternal grandfather and maternal grandmother.  It’s only fair to spotlight my in-laws.  I know someone who refers to her in-laws as her “in-loves.”  It seems fitting.  And, if I am spotlighting my in-laws, it’s only fair to start with my very first:  my sister-in-law.  She’s married to my older brother (bless her heart), and her name is Misty. 
Misty, Misty…where do I start?  Well, she’s married to my brother, which means she is unusually patient.  She is easily the sweetest person I know.  My younger brother would agree with me on that.  He thinks as highly of our sister-in-law as I do.  I’ve always said I couldn’t have gotten a better sis-in-law if I’d picked her myself.  When my grandpa passed away (the worst day of my life), she and my brother were just dating.  She sat between us at the funeral, and held my hand as I cried.  I’ve never forgotten that.  She is bubbly, and chipper, and loads of fun.  She grew up in the country, and loves tractors and going to the creek, and dogs and cats.  And, she’s an awesome aunt.  It’s inevitable that Dinah will love her “Aunt Mimi” more and more the older she gets.  She’s a huge blessing to everyone she meets.  If you know her, you love her.  If you don’t, you’re missing out. 
**Note: please pray for Misty and her family right now, she lost her own grandmother yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment