Friday, August 19, 2011

It's Sneaking Up on Me

This is my sweet baby the day after she was born.  It’s one of my favorite pictures of her. She was just so precious and peaceful (and, if you ask me, looking pretty darn cute for a newborn).  I wish she was still this size.  Except I don’t.  Except I do.  Oh, the conflict of a mother’s heart.  So happy to watch them grow, and yet so sad at the same time. 

This is the same sweet baby just last week.  She’s changed a bit.  Sigh. 
Where on earth did the time go? In a little over a month she’ll be turning ONE.  As in, ONE YEAR, a whole stinkin’ year!  Birthday plans are in the works.  I’m not good at planning events, but I’m doing what I can.  Dean wanted to have a cookout at our house, so that’s what we’re going to do.  He also wanted to have a yard full of grass.  That will not be happening.  With the month of July in our state being the hottest July on record of any state, and a dog who digs hole after hole after hole to try to keep cool, it’s been a losing battle to try and grow grass. Rain would do wonders, but we just haven’t had enough to work the magic we’d hope for.  It’s not going to be a huge party, but I think (and hope) it’ll be fun.  My goal is for everybody to come together and enjoy each other, and celebrate the first year of our sweet girl.  I want Dinah to be able to look back at pictures when she gets older, and feel how loved she was from the very beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment