Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Look Back

I sometimes struggle with keeping this blog alive.  I slack off in writing.  I start thinking there’s no point.  But, the truth is, it’s serving its purpose.  My goal in starting this was to give me a way to document life, and to give me a way to look back in the future and remember what I was doing and thinking and struggling with and achieving.  The other day, I actually went back and read some of my old posts.  It was so nice to be reminded of what’s happened in the last two years.  Some of the things I wrote about I had forgotten.  Some things I remembered, but this gave me a clearer picture of my emotions during each time.  It’s amazing what has happened in my life since I started this.  When I started, we had just moved out of our apartment and were living in a hotel.  We went from there to living in a travel trailer, to house-sitting and then staying with our pastor and his wife, to finally moving into our house.  We sold our vehicles and bought different ones.  We faced a layoff the same week we found out we were expecting a baby.  We went from two incomes to one and a half.  We became parents.  The list goes on.  Things have turned completely upside down, for the good and the bad.  And this is where it’s all documented.  It’s amazing to look back.  If you don’t blog, or keep a journal of any kind whether online or paper, I highly recommend it. 
This week, I’m looking back on everything, and giving thanks.  I’m still standing.  My husband is still standing beside me.  God is good. 
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment