Friday, November 25, 2011

Deck The..uh..Walls?

I love decorating for Christmas.  My brother’s birthday is early in December, so growing up; our tradition was to wait until after his birthday to decorate for Christmas.  After he moved out, I ditched that tradition and started decorating right after Thanksgiving.  And, since Thanksgiving was yesterday, it’s TIME!!
Walking in the house with a Christmas tree lit up fills me with joy, every time.  To me, the perfect sized tree is one that almost scrapes the ceiling once you get the angel on (or if you’re like my younger brother, the star).  Last year, I was so excited to get to put my tree up again after not being able to decorate the year before.  This year, having more furniture and a toddler instead of an infant, there just won’t be room so it’ll be another year without my big pretty tree. 

However, I don’t intend to let my lack of space stop me from adequately decking my halls, or more accurately, walls.  I’m in the process of making a (sort of) wreath for my front door.  I got the idea from this blog, which I found through Pinterest.  I’m doing it a little different, so I’ll be sure and post pictures of the finished product.  I’m also thinking some garland hung on the beam in the living room/kitchen, and a miniature tree on the piano.  We’ll see what else we can come up with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment