Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring

I’ve been longing for weeks to get back to some kind of normal.  The 2012 that I had such high hopes for has so far been wrought with heartache, uncertainty, exhaustion and worry, providing yet another reason to make me eager for spring.  The most trying times in my life have occurred during the dark days of winter.  Oh, but finally, I’m starting to see a glimmer of spring.  Warmer temperatures are cropping up, bringing with them bits of green, and a sign that hope is to come; hope of some normalcy returning to my life.  It’s been so long, though, that I don’t feel really sure what normal is anymore.  My insightful husband tells me that maybe it’s an opportunity to find a new normal.  I like that idea; starting fresh, along with the earth around me, like an old tree blossoming with new life.  I’m aiming for spring: a time of growth and renewal.  Here’s to a new season. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment