Friday, March 25, 2011

Put a Sock in it, Satan!

Satan lies.  No kidding, right?  We've all experienced it.  Only, sometimes we don't recognize it as him.  He's pretty sneaky about it.  I know Satan lies.  It's kind of a given.  But, too often, I don't recognize his lies for what they are.  And, lately, I feel like he's really been after me. 
I've never had the best self-esteem, so I'm sometimes an easy target.  The other night, I was lying in bed, talking to my husband and thinking about life.  I was thinking about how I have little to no talents, how I never do anything important, and just feeling generally worthless.  And then, it hit me.  That's a load of crap! To say that I am worthless is really an insult to God, my maker.  He doesn’t make junk.  Sure, sometimes I don’t live up to my full potential, but that in no way makes me worthless.  It just makes me human. Man, he fights dirty! Then, a few days later, I signed up to go to the upcoming Women’s Retreat put on by our church.  Later that day, I started wishing I hadn’t signed up, and thinking I didn’t want to go.  I then realized that this was probably another attack from Satan, and that if he wanted so much to discourage me, I should probably go.  Satan may be hounding me lately, but thankfully, the Holy Spirit has given me the insight to catch what he’s been doing.  This weekend, I’m going to the women’s retreat.  I’m going to fellowship with other women, with friends.  I’m going to soak up the word.  I’m going to bask in God’s presence. And, Satan is not invited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment